Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sweltering summer days

First of all - I got the job! After a terrible interview - they still wanted to give me the job. I am really excited about it, it will be a great change. There are a few snags because my current boss is reluctant to 'let me go' which, while flattering that he thinks I am so irreplacable, probably has more to do with his planned retirement at the end of next year than my inherent skill level. Because he and the person I will be working for are both part of the same executive group, there is a bit of negotiating to do. I feel bad that they are lumbered with this by hiring me because if they went with someone else they would not have to share a role but I guess they will work it out one way or another.

Anyway... having been successful with this job has put me in a great state of mind. I feel less stressed about the work in my other two jobs. I know that I wont get everything done and no longer mind as much because hopefully they will put two people into the jobs when I go so that they will only have the one job each rather than this stupid arrangement of trying to do both.

This weekend we have been trying to get some christmas shopping done. The presents feel so unimportant this year, it has been such a crazy time. I think it is going to be a hot Christmas this year. The weather this week has been 31deg and we have started with the summer storms. I have woken up a few nights this week with midnight storms. Now it is balmy and humid, the crickets and cicadas are buzzing away with that sound which is distinctly summer. Sometimes the noise gets so loud as to be overwhelming. The cycle of humid hot days and stormy nights is one that we are familiar with in Queensland. The sun has just come out again so it is about to get hotter again. I think it is time to put the air conditioning back on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THat sounds good! Congratulations! These snags will surely be avoided. It surely takes a lot of stress off just to know for sure how things will go further - my english is not too good today, sorry.
Would you mind if I put you on the blogroll on my site?

by-lamplight said...

Hey there Mago - thanks for that. I am getting there with the arrangements, they are slowly working out how it will all work!

Thank you for asking about your blogroll - I would of course be happy with this. I can't imagine why people would be interested in my blog though. It is lovely of you to keep dropping by, I enjoy having you pop in. I guess I am still a bit new to blogging but it has been a great outlet - particularly earlier this year when I was trying to sort out my brain after the health scares. I started thinking that I should have had a focus but it is just unfolding with the path of my life.

Hope you are doing well - any news on your job application yet?