Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sunday

I have had a lovely Sunday around the house. After a particularly good night of sleep, we spent a lazy morning reading the papers over a coffee or two. I had a craving for Thai, which proved a fruitless journey but instead we found a little Indian restaurant doing Sunday lunch. We had a delicious lunch of Dosas and curry with a glass of ale. Boy treated us to a few lovely beers made by Australian vineyards - the Peppertree Ale was particularly well suited to a curry lunch.

We then spent the afternoon lazing around watching Seinfeld DVDs, having a good few giggles and dozing in and out of naps on the couch. All a bit perfect for a Sunday. We are roasting a chicken for dinner which I am really looking forward to. Oddly, I am not worried or preoccupied about going back to work tomorrow - I think that coming home from the beach yesterday has helped by giving time to settle back into the city. I must say that I am finding it difficult being around crowds at the moment, there is nothing like the general public to get my blood rising!!

Last night I called my Granny to tell her our news, she was very pleased. She is still struggling to find her place in the world after Grandpa's passing. They were made for each other and she can't find much meaning in what is left. She enjoys the company of her budgie "Bertie" but she is very lonely. I wish I could see her but she is on the other side of the planet. It broke my heart that she invited us to stay with her if we wanted to travel to the UK for our Honeymoon - she generally doesn't have people stay with her after Grandpa died, it meant a great deal for her to offer that. I know boy would love her and she him - they would share a love of her food too!! It was nice to share our news with her.

No comments: