Sunday, December 16, 2007

Mince Pies

These mince pies are outstanding - crumbly shortbread like pastry and deliciously spiced fruit inside. I used Roberston's fruit mince for one set but will use my own fruit mince for the next lot as there was so much from the pudding.

Pastry was:

1 cup of plain flour
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
100g butter
iced water (about 6 tbsp)

In a food processor, put the flour, salt and sugar and mix slightly. Add the cubed butter (you may not need the full 100 g but it might depend on the heat of your kitchen or other as yet undefined metaphysical factors) then add the iced water slowly because you might only need a few tablespoons. Dont let it get too wet, if it is, add more flour.

Give the pastry a quick knead, wrap it in plastic and put in fridge for 30 mins. Roll out and fill with fruit and bake. dust with icing sugar and eat

1 comment:

Gledwood said...

I wish I had an oven. I don't. I just have 2 miserly rings that went off over the weekend (blown fuse). Otherwise I would indeed attempt mince pies. Yumm-yumm-yummMEEE!!