Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas cooking

After a successful batch of Christmas puddings and mince pies last year, I have decided to do it again this year. I can never remember how much whiskey I put into the fruit, one year was really strong but last year was pretty perfect.

This year, I have filled a large bowl full of a few kilos of fruit and have so far put in about 2/3 of a cup. I love it when all of the spices come together with the fruit and the whiskey to create that distinct Christmas scent. When I finish soaking I think I will put the recipe up here so that I don't forget again this time next year.

I have been out shopping today and need to lie down for a bit before I start making pastry for the pies. I will probably end up using shop bought pastry at some point but the first batch has to be made with home-made pastry.

I have had trouble planning presents this year - particularly for boy. We normally go way over the top but have limited ourselves this year. It has not been easy but I am pretty happy with what I have found him.

No comments: