Saturday, December 15, 2007

good to be home

This is a busy time. It is good to catch up with friends and take time to enjoy the company of the people we love. The problem with this season is that there is also a lot of time spent with people for the sake of going out. Sometimes new friendships grow from these nights out, which can be immensely rewarding but not this week.

I went out with some people from work last night which could have been fun but they spent most of the night taking pictures of themselves. I then caught up with some people I haven't seen for a long time and who I knew through my ex-boyfriend. It was good to see them but still, by the end of the night I was struck by the emptiness of the night. It is great to 'shoot the breeze' but I don't get enough time to do that with the people I love. Perhaps I am just a bit cranky, it was really hot last night. As an introvert, I find this time of year quite exhausting. It always starts well and I get excited about going out with friends and enjoying meals and a few drinks but by about now I just want to retreat into my safe haven again and avoid contact with people for a while.

I have never been so happy to get home to boy and dog - the precious souls I love so dearly.

No comments: