Saturday, September 8, 2007

tea, yoga and very little sleep

Had a nice day off work yesterday. Ostensibly it was to rest after seeing the doctor but in reality this took on a more metaphysical definition. I dealt with all of my bills in the morning and then treated myself to a coffee. It is not often that I stop for a coffee when I am out, I always reason that I am better off just getting home. Yesterday though, I went into a cafe I hadn't visited for a while. I got a paper and enjoyed just sitting for a while.

Then I went into one of my favourite shops, which is a tea shop. Just a tiny little shop lined with tins and tins of teas from all over the world. Every time I go in there I get inspired to drink more tea -it was through this shop that I realised what tea should taste like. I love a good strong cup of tea with milk and sugar as much as the next English gal but this tea - I never put sugar or milk into. It is divine - not bitter at all and they all have the most sublime aromas. Yesterday I bought a Stockholm Blend - my first foray into flavoured teas. On a base of black tea, it has orange peel, safflowers, claendula, rose patals, vanilla and apricot. I had a full pot of it yesterday and can see it would make a lovely iced tea in the warmer months.

After a terrible night of sleep (or put another way - a night of very little sleep), I woke rattled, worried and cranky. I realised that boy had got up early before going out to golf to do a cleanup and put on some washing so that I didn't have to. He really is a beautiful and thoughtful soul. I clearly have some issues and need to start looking inward a bit more to find the cause of my unease. After he left, I rolled out my yoga mat and worked through a good hour of postures. My yoga teacher explained this week that hip exercises are particularly good for clearing emotional 'blockages' and unconsciously I focused on these exercises when starting this morning. I now feel much clearer and settled. Ready for a new day, I am heading out with the dog to enjoy this fine Spring day.

No comments: