Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back again

I went back to the doc today to get a check up on the healing process after my operation. The healing is going well so I am glad that I have been so careful. She said that it was quite aggressive and a lot had to be removed - also that she thought there was a good chance of infection because of this. I have to go back in two months for more tests and so she can check nothing is coming back. I just occurred to me just how close I came to cancer there - from what she was saying, a large area was badly affected and the CIN had gone into all of the sample she took. If I had left it much longer, it would have turned. It certainly puts things into a unique perspective hearing this sort of thing.

I am back to yoga regularly which has helped me reach a positive place emotionally as well as moving more freely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish the best for you. I hope that you have a good chance to get away from it.
Viel Glück.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but what is "Imbolg"?

by-lamplight said...

Hi Mago
Imbolg (or Imbolc as it can be spelled) is a pagan festival which heralds the start of Spring (in general terms). It is normally celebrated in the month just before the start of Spring but is symbolises growth, cleansing and purification. Clearing away the remainders of winter and preparing for something new.

It feels particularly significant for me after the experiences of my winter, both in a literal and personal sense. The range of health and psychological events all took place during this winter and it was as Spring started again that I began to feel re-connected and energised. I had to make a conscious decision to let go of what had been happening and clear my mind to grow and move forward. Sometimes nature's cycles feel so connected to our own.