Sunday, September 2, 2007

Imbolg! Welcome Spring




To celebrate the official start to Spring, boy cooked an amazing meal for my friend C and I. With a fresh vegetable stock, we had a Spring Minestrone with freshly made pesto. Then he made a scrumptous mixed mushroom risotto - that boy can cook!!! It was a great night with a much more wine that we should have drank but it was a really fun night with lots of laughs. There was the obligatory music face-off which normally ends with The Cure's 'So What' but this evening was a battle over the acceptability of Nouvelle Vague appropriating some of C and my favourite songs. So after boy had his go flipping through a few tracks, he got to hear the originals for the next hour (granted, he only had a short flick through the songs before we took over. Poor guy) He was treated to Sisters of Mercy, Jesus and Mary Chain, Joy Division, and a bit of Bauhaus. It ceased to matter that not all of these bands had been covered but we were on a roll to educate him about how the songs should sound. The thing is that NV would be enjoyable listening to it on the surface, I enjoy bossa nova a lot. I just really dislike the way that they use the songs that I have loved most of my life and that have a particular place in many hearts - that place is certainly not a dance class!




Anyway.. it was a fun night and now I have a wee hangover. I always find myself feeling happy not being a smoker any more after nights like that, those smoking hangovers were killers!! I also realised that I have reached 'a certain age' this morning when I woke up and thought to myself that a walk would be the best thing to fix the hangover! Once, my first priority would have been to seek out the closest provider of bacon now I am thinking about fresh air and a cup of tea!




It is such a beautiful day out there today. Flowers are blooming everywhere and the air is so fragrant. Our jasmine is fully in bloom, how beautiful it is. I was going to see a film today but I think a day in the garden with a book is the order of the day.

No comments: