Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another lovely weekend. Yesterday, boy and I went to a nursery to have a look for a few new plants. It was really just an excuse to get out into this beautiful sunny weather, it is so good for the soul. Being in that space, a sunny warm day and just a touch of a gentle breeze made me feel so happy. I love strolling around with the lad, I enjoy his company so much. Last night, he made crumbed pork for dinner which was delicious. He made fresh breadcrumbs from a leftover ciabatta loaf and we put some herbs from the garden into it as well which made it just lovely. I watched the football finals with him before falling asleep on the couch.

Today is another sunny one - quite warm too! I seems that winter is well and truly over with temperatures around 28/29 degrees. I took the hairy one out for a walk this morning which she enjoyed. We didn't take her out yesterday so she had lots of new smells to process on the familiar walk to the shops. She is feeling the heat today and has been trying to find the spot with the most breeze to kip in.

Outside, the plants are rustling in the afternoon breeze which brings the heady scent of jasmine and magnolia flowers through the house. This truly is spring to me.

I was feeling a bit flat this morning but recognising that it is likely to be hormonal in origin, decided to take some time to sit in the sun and enjoy the warmth of the day. After a day in the garden yesterday, it looks so beautiful and is a glorious place to sit and read.

This afternoon we will enjoy a few drinks with friends. It will be nice to go out for the afternoon but I must say I am looking forward to tonight. Boy is picking up some salmon from the fishmonger which we will have with some beetroot risotto (with beets from the garden - they are fnally ready to harvest!!!). Yum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Hallo.
Where are you?
I hope that all is right with you. Just wondering.