Monday, August 6, 2007

Sunday Cricket

Boy's cricket team made it through to the semi-finals, an accomplishment which he was most proud of. The pooch and I have been going along to support the team a bit recently and went again on Sunday for the semi-final. It was a lovely day - the weather was perfect and my Dad came along with me. I love having a day with Dad, it is nice to have a chance to natter away for a few hours. He is a great story teller and always has much to say. We packed a few flasks of tea and a mountain of sandwiches. I also found a packet of 'McVitties Chocolate Digestives' - a favourite which we munched our way through. Boy's team won by a mile and the game was over quicker than I have ever seen. I think it meant a lot to him that Dad came along. He played really well, as usual, and the team were all really excited. As he gets older, his body is resisting the traumatic movement which is bowling and I think it is going to be very hard for him to let the game go when the time comes. It has been with him all his life, and bonded him closely to his Grandpa, these things are hard to let go of.

No comments: