Saturday, October 13, 2007

I have been a bit slack with the old blog recently and started to think about the way that this had become a place to put down my thoughts when I was feeling low. I realise that I am in a particularly good frame of mind at the moment - despite this being the weekend when I am normally a bit hormonally 'unstable'. A few things have contributed to this. I have been quite active recently and since last week's ride into the botanic gardens have been itching to get cycling again this weekend. There is a certain type of vitality that I get from riding, perhaps associated with the increase in lung capacity and strength in my legs from a solid ride.

The weather is beautiful, I have embraced the heat of summer - even though it is still spring. There is a clear sky after a week of storms and a breeze that is making it very hard for me to stay indoors to finish this! Boy is off to cricket again today and will have a brilliant day - just perfect weather for being out on the field.

My recent work project that was giving me some profound levels of stress has entered a phase where things are going well. It is up and running and in two weeks time I will be done with the election process for another year - which means that I can get on with doing the other stuff I am paid for. The fact that I am doing two managers roles at the moment is bothering me less because I have reached a certain equanimity with it. I have decided that I can't take ownership for their decision to load me down with two jobs and can only get through what I can. I know I work really hard and if I don't get things done as quickly as I should - it is not through lack of effort. Also, I think it might all be over sooner than I thought as another job opportunity has come along. I haven't ever been in the position where I have been approached to apply for a job but was yesterday and for the first time in years feel like I could be quite interested in this new role. It would be working in a great office for some great people. The work would be interesting and challenging and I would be away from a lot of the politics which I have been surrounded by in my current job - although to some extent it would be jumping into a higher level of politics but I have got better at dealing with it over the last few years.

So there is all of that. Also, I have decided to have a party. Haven't had one in a long time but am doing this to raise money for women's cancers so feel better about the idea of it. I feel particularly uncomfortable having a party to celebrate something about myself but this way I i get my friends together for a good reason too.

So things are going pretty well. I feel great, am getting better at dealing with my stress at work and am probably more pleasant as a result. I have the appointment at the beginning of November so hopefully the doc will have decent news for me after that. Either way, I am going into it from a positive space and will have a holiday later that month to deal with it all - whichever way it turns out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind comment.
I very much like to read your positive post! I wish that all you start, you want to do will come to a fine result, that you stay healthy and that you have that small piece of luck that helps. I think it to be a good idea to have a party, bring together your friends, enjoy it.
My best wishes for you!