Saturday, May 26, 2007

lost baggage

I had an email from a member of my step-family who I haven't seen for a long time. In fact, I haven't seen half of my family for a long time either so receiving this email has thrown me back to a time in my life that I had managed to put behind me with some degree of success. While I had thought I had actually dealt with some of the stuff that happened, it is clear to me that I have not dealt with much of it at all. While the email itself was a nice surprise, it reminded me of a lot of people that have caused a lot of pain in my life. It will be good to catch up with her though, she was always a lovely kid. I had wondered whether there was something behind her making contact but realise that at some point I have to let go of mistrust and take things at face value.

It seems that the emotional baggage I thought was well lost has found me again.

No comments: