Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Been a While...

My... it has been a while since I posted last. The thing is that there is not a lot to post about. This is a good thing as life has been pretty good recently. I am not sure why it is that it is easier to post when something is worrying me or bothering me but there it is!

It is a peculiar but good feeling to be enjoying work - really enjoying it. I am not stressed (most of the time anyway, which is a huge improvement on the majority of my working life) and actually look forward to going in to work every day. If I am looking for a gripe (knowing of course that one is never that far away if we look hard enough) it is the way that a few of my previous colleagues express their thinly veiled resentment of my new role. I am still with the same uni and am now working in the building opposite where I previously was. Granted, it is a nice office and great work - but everytime I go over to the other building there are a few people who can't help themselves but to make some wisecrack about me 'slumming it' or something like that. Fair enough the first time, it has taken me a long time to get used to the idea of working in the space I am now in, but it gets a bit boring after 4 months of it. I think what annoys me is that they could all have applied for the job but they decided no too because they thought it would be too hard, too much work etc etc... Now though, they are still focusing on how much they hate their jobs and just see a nice office in mine. Anyway.... I am still enjoying it and feeling glad that I made the move.

Boy has started studying law this year and has found something that he loves in this. It is great to see him getting into it so much and he has been studying really hard. It is great that our lives have realigned so well with me having less stress when he needs more support. He has always been so generous and supportive, regardless of how tired or busy I was. It is nice to be able to look after him now. He has his first exams coming up soon so hopefully he will go well.... he is quite hard on himself.

Other than this, it is moving into winter again which is my favourite time of year. I am making braised steak and onions tonight which is one of my Granny's recipes. Already the kitchen smells like that little place in Bolton! Perfect stuff for a cold night (although for people like Mago, thisw would still be a balmy day, we take what we can get here in Australia). I recently watched a documentary on Joy Division, which was great, but it was shot around Manchester (I was born in greater Manchester). I have been yearning for that space a lot recently, perhaps as we get older we crave memories of our upbringing? What I have been wanting though is that grey and cold weather of the north of England. We have had a few weeks of rain here (not breaking the drought still) and it has reminded me how much I love that weather. I think it will be pudding time again soon.

I have a doctors appointment next week - it is the 6 month check up which almost coincides with a year since the first diagnosis. I feel good about it. I have had some mysterious pains that I will ask her about but I think it should all be fine. Considering there is no HPV involved, it seems like it was just an anomoly in my body. We will find out next week...

No comments: